Why you need to improve Your Vocabulary
- Here are the average results of an extensive vocabulary test, averaged and grouped by hierarchical level:
- Build, improve, and expand your vocabulary quickly and easily with the Million Dollar Vocabulary personal learning course.
- Million Dollar Vocabulary contains breakthrough processes to make it easier to learn over 600 words. Brief and Straightforward Guide:
- Here are 3 good reasons for improving your vocabulary –
- Developing a great vocabulary is one of the most overlooked ways to improve our lives. It is often believed that learning many words is only useful for writers and speakers, but the truth is that everyone benefits from it, both personally and professionally.
- Think of your vocabulary as your “communication toolbox”: every word is a tool, ready to be used at the right time. The more tools you master, the better your chances are of finding the right one for the communication task at hand. But having a huge stock of words at your disposal is not the ultimate goal. Every time you grasp a new word, you end up with more than just a new tool: you understand the ones you already know better.
Vocabulary Opens Your Mind
- When you lack words, you shut down new insights and lines of reasoning. People who possess a limited vocabulary have a much tougher time breaking out from old patterns of thought or questioning. By the same token, each new word you learn opens a new avenue of thought, empowering you to think or take action in ways you could never have before.
- “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.” –Philip K. Dick
- "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." –Mark Twain
Vocabulary Gets You Results
- The researcher Johnson O’Connor, known for his studies about the impact of vocabulary on people’s lives, has drawn many amazing conclusions from a vast amount of tests and experiments, performed in more than 20 years of research.
- He always found the same results, no matter which area he looked at, and no matter how he analyzed the data: a person’s vocabulary level is the best single predictor of occupational success.
- This astounding discovery can be illustrated by the study, made with managers in 39 large manufacturing companies. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS OF THE STUDY
- See diagram at the top of this page:
- What determines professional success? Especially for knowledge workers, I would risk saying professional success depends entirely on thinking and communication skills. If you analyze every activity you perform as a knowledge worker, you’ll always get down to either thinking (as the activity that leads to the creation of something new) or communicating (as the activity that gets your ideas across). Well, if words are tools for both thought and communication, it’s no surprise that those who master them have a much greater chance of success – not only professionally, but in their lives as a whole
How About Improving Your Own Vocabulary?
If you decide to give your vocabulary a boost, the good news is that you won’t need to go back to school or do boring word exercises. You take the most important step just by understanding why you should improve and by your willingness to do so.
Fill out the Enquiry Form to Access Your Free Basic Course on Vocabulary Development.
Available Formats :
- Centre/ City/ Country License
- Live Workshop ( Venue & dates TBA
- Online Course.
- Affiliate Program